Re: SQL compliance - why -- comments only at psql level ?

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: SQL compliance - why -- comments only at psql level ?
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Re: SQL compliance - why -- comments only at psql level ?  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> I've since seen the article in the latest issue of PCWeek. The article
> was not at all clear on the *specific* features which would disqualify
> Postgres from having SQL92 entry level compliance (for most commercial
> RDBMSes this is the only level they attain), and I was amused to note
> that although InterBase was lauded for SQL92 compliance, the author
> did encourage them to consider supporting the SQL92 comment delimiter
> ("--") in their next release :))

Why does PostgreSQL _not_ support the -- comment delimiter ?

Is there something complicated to supporting it in parser ?

IMNSHO it would require only a few lines in gram.y

Does supporting user-defined operators interfere ?

I assume we could comfortably disallow -- as a possible operator (one
can't input it from interactive psql anyway)

Hannu

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] queries on 2+ indices
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] queries on 2+ indices