Re: [HACKERS] Almost there on column aliases

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Almost there on column aliases
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Almost there on column aliases  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> >> BTW, the rule regress test is presently failing because I modified
> >> ruleutils.c to dump the Attr list if it is not null, rather than
> >> only if the refname is different from the relname:

I'm currently (2000-02-16 15:40 GMT) seeing the rules test
blank-filling the "bpchar" fields. Do you see that?

> > istm that the column aliases (rte->ref->attrs) should not be written out
> > if the table alias (rte->ref->relname) is not written.
> Hmm.  If it's not possible to specify column aliases without specifying
> a table-name alias, then that's OK ... but I thought table aliases were
> optional.

I've just looked it up in the Date book: table aliases are optional in
general, but column aliases require a table alias. The bnf looks like
 table [ [ AS ] range-variable [ ( column-commalist ) ] ]
                       - Thomas

South Pasadena, California