Re: [HACKERS] Solution for LIMIT cost estimation

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Solution for LIMIT cost estimation
Дата
RE: [HACKERS] Solution for LIMIT cost estimation  ("Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue@tpf.co.jp>)
Список pgsql-hackers
>> A possible answer is to define OFFSET/LIMIT in DECLARE CURSOR as
>> being simply a hint to the optimizer about how much of the query
>> result will actually get fetched.

> This seems a good approach until cursors are fixed. But is there a plan to
> make cursors support LIMIT properly? Do you know why they ignore the LIMIT
> clause?

Should they obey LIMIT?  MOVE/FETCH seems like a considerably more
flexible interface, so I'm not quite sure why anyone would want to
use LIMIT in a cursor.

Still, it seems kind of inconsistent that cursors ignore LIMIT.
I don't know for sure why it was done that way.