Re: [HACKERS] Interbase

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Interbase
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> While we are behind some commercial databases, our
> improvement speed is far better than theirs, so we will overtake them
> sometime in the future.

And this, Bruce, is where the PostgreSQL RDBMS truly is the "Most
Advanced Open Source RDBMS."

In chronology, 6.1.1 wasn't too long ago.  In features, 6.1.1 was _eons_
ago.  I know -- I used 6.1.1. And 6.2.1. And 6.3.2.  Now 6.5.3.  Soon
7.0. (I never did put 6.4.2 in production -- the RPM lag factor meant
that 6.5beta was available while the shipping RPM's were still 6.3.2 for
RedHat users.)

And now we have developers that are _very_ familiar with the guts of
PostgreSQL -- it will take people at least a year or more to get up to
speed on Interbase.

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio