Re: [HACKERS] psql -e and -n flags

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] psql -e and -n flags
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] psql -e and -n flags  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> The suggestion I have is to offer the traditional behaviour with a single
> -e flag, so there's little change for anyone switching from <7.0, and the
> "full" echo mode with two -e flags. I'd then change the flags in the
> regression drivers to -e -e. Comments? Better ideas?

Hmm. imho having a *count* of switch options being significant is the
wrong way to go. It gets in the way of things like

# alias ps psql -e
# ps -e postgres

where someone has defined a "convenience" alias for everyone and
someone else uses it later. Also, it is a style of switch invocation
not appearing elsewhere afaik.

I'd suggest a switch style like "-ee" or "-eb" (backend) or "-ev"
(verbatim) or ??? Comments?
                  - Thomas

South Pasadena, California