Re: [HACKERS] Spoke too soon (was RE: cvs committers digest)

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Spoke too soon (was RE: cvs committers digest)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org> writes:
> > And guess what -- the lack of
> > pqbool breaks the perl5 client.  Badly. Won't-even-compile-badly.
> Yeah, that was pointed out already.

IIRC, it was Hiroshi.  I remembered the post, went to the archives, and
pulled it up to double-check.  So, I thought I'd just put out a feeler
to see how I needed to allocate my time -- if it's fixed soon, I'll just
put the 7.0 RPM's on my back burner today, and wait on the fix --
otherwise, I'm going to go back to building without the perl client for
now for my testing, as I have several other issues to deal with.

>  I am of the opinion that both
> that change and removal of the "obsolete" print functions should be
> reverted, but I haven't done so --- I was sort of expecting Peter
> to take care of it.

Well, after following the thread down a ways, I saw his reply to Hiroshi
stating to the effect that he was going to take off for a bit, but that
he'd be back.  Probably needed a breather.

> > Is this breakage going to be fixed by the 15th?
> Someone will do something about it ;-)

I have a poem about Someone, Everyone, and Anyone....  Thanks, Tom.  If
I need to just apply a patch for build purposes, that's fine.  I'm just
trying to get my build-act together, as 7.0 is quite different from a
packaging standpoint than 6.5.x, at least from 'my' packaging
standpoint.

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio