Spoke too soon (was RE: cvs committers digest)

От Lamar Owen
Тема Spoke too soon (was RE: cvs committers digest)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Lamar Owen wrote, in a misguided moment: (:-/)
> I also track the current CVS -- but for a totally different reason, as I
> want to be able to release RPMs of the beta release the same day as the
> beta release -- thus, I am doing trial builds of RPM's against the CVS.
> However, this current issue doesn't impact me in the slightest -- which
> is why I have not and will not say anything about it.

I am now saying something about it.  While I have been doing trial
builds of the current sources, I have not been building all the clients
up until today, for speed in building.  And guess what -- the lack of
pqbool breaks the perl5 client.  Badly. Won't-even-compile-badly.

Is this breakage going to be fixed by the 15th?  If not, what can I do
to workaround it until it is fixed properly (either by putting pqbool
back in libpq-fe.h, or by fixing Pg.xs to not need pqbool).

I _would_ like to have RPM's ready of the beta on the release day....

TIA

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio