ugly name clash

От Sarah Officer
Тема ugly name clash
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I am porting a system from Oracle to Postgres.  At this time, both
databases are installed.  I will probably arrange the software so
that I can use an environment variable to specify which database
should be used.  I have had problems with an include file name clash
between postgres & oracle: sqlca.h.  Both include files define a
struct called sqlca, an unusual coincidence.

Is there some way to avoid the name clash without having to put
postgres in a special installation location that isn't in my path
when I compile with oracle?  Perhaps include files could all go into
a pg subdirectory so that the user could include <pg/sqlca.h>
instead of just <sqlca.h>, and that would differentiate?  Systems
that use an include subdirectory don't seem to have as many name
clash problems.

When I want to link to postgres, I can easily turn off the oracle
copy because it IS installed in a nonstandard directory (I had no
choice--this is not a benefit).  But I would prefer to put all in
one area and use <oracle/sqlca.h> or <pg/sqlca.h> to distinguish
between them.  How about it?

Sarah Officer
officers@aries.tucson.saic.com