Re: Status on 7.0

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: Status on 7.0
Дата
Re: Status on 7.0  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Can I ask how our big open items for 7.0 are doing:

istm that pg_dump could benefit greatly if it translated internal
Postgres type names to the SQL92-standard names. For example, int4 ->
integer, int8 -> bigint, etc. This would be analogous to the
translation we do when parsing queries in the backend, converting
(e.g.) integer -> int4.

This feature would make it a bit easier to move databases around, esp.
away from Postgres for those who have to...

Anyone interested in looking at this? If not, can you add it to the
ToDo Bruce?
                    - Thomas

South Pasadena, California