Re: Status on 7.0

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: Status on 7.0
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Can I ask how our big open items for 7.0 are doing:
>         Unify date/time types(Thomas)

Will do this after getting the outer join syntax going...

>         Outer Joins(Thomas)

I've finally gotten back to work on this in the last couple of days.
Remember, at the moment I've only committed to getting *syntax*, but
that we were hoping to push this into the planner/optimizer/executor
soon after.

> I am only asking to know if we should continue with the planned Feb 1
> beta?

I'll be able to do the date/time unification once my parser is back
together and stable (no point in doing it earlier because I'll need a
stable parser to follow up on problem reports). Not sure about making
Feb 1, though I'll guess that the date/time unification is a couple of
days work once I start.

Remember that I'll need two weeks or so to package the docs before
final release, so will need some padding at the end of beta without
too much distraction from other problem reports :(
                   - Thomas

South Pasadena, California