Re: [ADMIN] Still having problems on compiling PostgreSQL 6.5.3 on IRIX 6.5

От Richard NAGY
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Still having problems on compiling PostgreSQL 6.5.3 on IRIX 6.5
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Sarah Officer wrote:
Hi Richard,

I've only recently installed postgres, so I'm no expert, and I'm not
an IRIX expert either.  This is my disclaimer.

I notice your hardware is a little different than mine.  The
compiler I'm using is:
        cc -version
        MIPSpro Compilers: Version 7.2.1

Our system is using all default stuff from postgres.  I didn't
fiddle with the MK_NO_LORDER flags that are mentioned in the FAQ;
the FAQ looks like it's out of date.

When you reconfigured, did you make sure that stuff REALLY got
reconfigured?  I don't know much about autoconf, but I believe it
will cache the answers it got the last time you configured and it
might not *really* do its work if you configure again.  At least, I
had that problem once years ago with tcl/tk.  I usually 'make
distclean' (I don't know if Postgres has that target) or remove the
config.cache file before reconfiguring.

I've never seen the "No such feature exists" message from the IRIX
compiler.  Were there any warnings prior to the the errors
indicating that include files weren't located?  I've sometimes had
syntax errors such as missiong brackets and semi-colons when an
include file got lost and the system used default prototypes.  Could
you try turning on C++?  Is your LD_LIBRARYN32_PATH okay?

Here's what our template/irix5 file says:
AROPT:crs
CFLAGS:
SHARED_LIB:
ALL:
SRCH_INC:
SRCH_LIB:
USE_LOCALE:no
DLSUFFIX:.so
YFLAGS:-d
YACC:

We have flex and bison installed (as opposed to lex & yacc).
bison --version
  GNU Bison version 1.25
flex --version
  flex version 2.5.4

I'm just floundering around here (which is how I usually operate, to
be honest :)).  I hope something here helps.

Sarah Officer
officers@aries.tucson.saic.com

Hello Sarah,

The versions of cc, flex and bison that are installed on my system are the same.

Actually, I'm looking for the LD_LIBRARYN32_PATH  and LD_LIBRARY_PATH. I have noticed that these environment variables were not positionned.

So, my question is : What is your "env" output ?

Thank you.
Greetings.

--
Richard NAGY