Re: [HACKERS] TODO list

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] TODO list
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> The official SQL data types are "timestamp" and
> "interval", right? Everything else will eventually be an alias or
> phased out or whatever?

No (at least I haven't proposed that). abstime stays as a 4-byte
internal system time type. timestamp and interval become full-featured
date/time types, stealing all of the datetime and timespan code, and
the latter two become synonyms for timestamp and interval.

> I've been itching to change the pg_shadow.valuntil column to timestamp
> anyway, I suppose that would be a step in the right direction, or not?

At the moment, there are *no* 8-byte date/time types in the system
tables. This would be the first instance of that, and I'm not sure we
should introduce it in just one place.

Has abstime been a problem here?
                  - Thomas

South Pasadena, California