Re: [HACKERS] TODO list

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] TODO list
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 17 Jan 2000, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> > * Make Absolutetime/Relativetime int4 because time_t can be int8 on some
> > ports
> > Does this mean the abstime/reltime types or all of them?  I thought the
> > former were deprecated anyway.
>
> abstime should probably be considered deprecated as a user type, but
> it is still used extensively internally and within the tuple
> structure. I'd be reluctant to wholesale replace it with
> timestamp/datetime, since that will take 8 bytes per value rather than
> 4.

Just so I understand this: The official SQL data types are "timestamp" and
"interval", right? Everything else will eventually be an alias or phased
out or whatever?

I've been itching to change the pg_shadow.valuntil column to timestamp
anyway, I suppose that would be a step in the right direction, or not?