Re: [INTERFACES] Forms too complex or to large in pgaccess?

От Constantin Teodorescu
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Forms too complex or to large in pgaccess?
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Ronald Hoellwarth wrote:

> Am Fri, Jan 14, 2000 at 04:29:37PM -0500 schrieb David Conners:
>
> > ANy help or advise is appreciated.
>
> Well, I encountered the same problem and found the following solution.
> I create scripts that do some stuff and then use the following code to
> source the thinggummy.
>
> DataControl(.kz.query)::setSQL "SELECT scriptsource FROM pga_scripts where scriptname = 'kz_bind';"
> DataControl(.kz.query)::open
> DataControl(.kz.query)::updateDataSet
> set scriptcode $DataSet(.kz.query,scriptsource)
> DataControl(.kz.query)::close
> eval $scriptcode

As I see, you choose to create scripts containing big code and call them
in the form source.

But, instead of finding them as you show us (with datacontrols) , why
don't you use this simple variant:

Scripts::execute "kz_bind"

Starting with version 0.98, PgAccess defines those namespaces (Forms,
Scripts, ...) that implement the simple commands "Open", "Execute",
"Design".

Please check if it works for you and drop me a note!

Teo