Re: Re: [PERFORM] Disable-spinlocks while compiling postgres 9.1 for ARM Cortex A8

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: [PERFORM] Disable-spinlocks while compiling postgres 9.1 for ARM Cortex A8
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jayashankar K B <Jayashankar.KB@lnties.com> writes:
> I tried to apply the patch. I succeeded in patching configure, configure.in and src/include/pg_config.h.in files.
> But while applying the patch for src/include/storage/s_lock.h , I am getting an error.

That patch should apply exactly to 9.1.0 or later.  I think either you
messed up copying the patch from the web page (note that patch is not
forgiving about white space...) or else perhaps fooling with the file
names messed it up.  You shouldn't have to modify the file taken from
the "patch" link at all.  The right way to do it is to cd into the
top source directory and use
    patch -p1 <patchfile
which will tell patch how much of the filename to pay attention to
(viz, not the "a/" or "b/" parts).

If you get too frustrated, just wait till Monday and grab 9.1.3.