Re: Re: [PERFORM] Disable-spinlocks while compiling postgres 9.1 for ARM Cortex A8

От Jayashankar K B
Тема Re: Re: [PERFORM] Disable-spinlocks while compiling postgres 9.1 for ARM Cortex A8
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ok. I did a manual patch and it Postgres 9.1.1 compiled for me without using the --disable-spinlocks option.
Thanks a lot for the patch. :)
By the way, could you please point me to the explanation on the significance of spinlocks for Postgres?

Thanks and Regards
Jayashankar

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]
Sent: 25 February 2012 PM 12:54
To: Jayashankar K B
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Re: [PERFORM] Disable-spinlocks while compiling postgres 9.1 for ARM Cortex A8

Jayashankar K B <Jayashankar.KB@lnties.com> writes:
> I tried to apply the patch. I succeeded in patching configure, configure.in and src/include/pg_config.h.in files.
> But while applying the patch for src/include/storage/s_lock.h , I am getting an error.

That patch should apply exactly to 9.1.0 or later.  I think either you messed up copying the patch from the web page
(notethat patch is not forgiving about white space...) or else perhaps fooling with the file names messed it up.  You
shouldn'thave to modify the file taken from the "patch" link at all.  The right way to do it is to cd into the top
sourcedirectory and use
        patch -p1 <patchfile
which will tell patch how much of the filename to pay attention to (viz, not the "a/" or "b/" parts).

If you get too frustrated, just wait till Monday and grab 9.1.3.

                        regards, tom lane

Larsen & Toubro Limited

www.larsentoubro.com

This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient (s) If you are not the
intendedrecipient, please do not use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it from your system.