Re: BUG #15569: decode function is not correclty working in 10.6

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #15569: decode function is not correclty working in 10.6
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
=?utf-8?q?PG_Bug_reporting_form?= <noreply@postgresql.org> writes:
>   I was using postgres 9.4 version. Currenly I chnaged to version 10.6. I
> stored image as  bytea datatype . For this purpose I used
> decode('','base64')  while insert an image into a table. This code is
> working in version 9.4. But when I used the same function in version 10.6 it
> return different result. Kindly please help me to over come this issue

You're not likely to get useful help without being a lot more specific.
In a quick test I don't see any difference in the behavior of decode()
since 9.4, so please show a concrete case where it behaves differently.

One possibility is that it's actually giving the same bytea output,
but it looks different because you have bytea_output set differently
in the two installations.