Re: [HACKERS] Simmultanous Connections (fwd)

От Stephen Birch
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Simmultanous Connections (fwd)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
When I was researching PG vs MySQL - the big kicker was transaction support
(mySQL doesn't have it).  It looks like MySQL is faster than PG and so is
great for serving data to a web site.  But if you also need to perform
updates to multiple tables, you probably will want to use transactions - so
use PostgreSQL.

I chose PostgreSQL for this reason.

The PostgreSQL team is incredible.  To try and contribute a little, we
switched our development from the released software to the PG development
software (so we can report, and sometimes fix problems) - any bugs we
discovered but couldn't fix ourselves were fixed within hours.  Our own
modifications were checked and entered in their development tree in less
than an hour.  Cool.

The code itself is of very high quality.

Steve