Re: [GENERAL] dump to pg

От Rob Sargent
Тема Re: [GENERAL] dump to pg
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On May 31, 2017, at 9:27 AM, David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 7:43 AM, Nicolas Paris <niparisco@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have dumps from oracle and microsoft sql server (no more details). Is it possible to load them "directly" into
postgres (without oracle/mssql license)?
> dump -> csv -> postgtres
> or something ?
>

> ​Asking the public mailing lists for PostgreSQL for an opinion on the the legality of doing something like this is
problematic​..

> Technically it would depend a lot on exactly what you are trying to load.  If you can go through CSV to do it then
itsprobably just raw insert data and has a decent chance of working as long as the schema is PostgreSQL has been
createdto accept the incoming data.

> David J.

If the dumps are not ascii the ‘to csv’ step gets problematic if not impossible legally.

От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] dump to pg
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Build PostgreSQL With XML Support on Linux