Re: "Server versions prior to 8.0 do not support savepoints" when using JDBC ...

От Martin Goodson
Тема Re: "Server versions prior to 8.0 do not support savepoints" when using JDBC ...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 29/11/2020 18:10, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 11/29/20 10:06 AM, Martin Goodson wrote:
>> Hello.
>>
>> I wonder if anyone can assist with this?
>>
>> Some of my developers are reporting that they are getting the
>> following message when attempting to connect to the database using jdbc:
>>
>> Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Server versions prior to
>> 8.0 do not support savepoints
>>
>> at
>>
>> org.postgresql.jdbc3.AbstractJdbc3Connection.setSavepoint(AbstractJdbc3Connection.java:95)
>>

>> Database version is 10.5 running under RHEL 7.4. The postgreSQL jdbc
>> driver version they're employing is postgresl-42.2.9.

> How was the database installed and from where?

Hello, Adrian. The database was installed using an enterprisedb
installer, to its own dedicated set of directories.

> Do you have more then one instance of Postgres running on the machine?

We do not, no. It is the sole PostgreSQL database cluster running on
that box.

> What is the connection code being used?

An excellent question. I will chase up with them, and find out. I
believe they're using tomcat, but don't know the exact code involved.

FWIW the connection is not local, the attempted connection is from a
different server.

Regards,

Martin.

--
Martin Goodson

Whatever you've got planned, forget it. I'm the Doctor.
I'm 904 years old. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the
constellation of Kasterborous. I am The Oncoming Storm,
the Bringer of Darkness and you are ... basically just a
rabbit, aren't you? OK, carry on, just a general ...
warning.

Сообщение: Re: "Server versions prior to 8.0 do not support savepoints" when using JDBC ...
Сообщение: Re: "Server versions prior to 8.0 do not support savepoints" when using JDBC ...