Re: "Server versions prior to 8.0 do not support savepoints" when using JDBC ...

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: "Server versions prior to 8.0 do not support savepoints" when using JDBC ...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/29/20 10:22 AM, Martin Goodson wrote:
> On 29/11/2020 18:10, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>> On 11/29/20 10:06 AM, Martin Goodson wrote:
>>> Hello.
>>>
>>> I wonder if anyone can assist with this?
>>>
>>> Some of my developers are reporting that they are getting the
>>> following message when attempting to connect to the database using jdbc:
>>>
>>> Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Server versions prior
>>> to 8.0 do not support savepoints
>>>
>>> at
>>>
>>> org.postgresql.jdbc3.AbstractJdbc3Connection.setSavepoint(AbstractJdbc3Connection.java:95)
>>>

>>> Database version is 10.5 running under RHEL 7.4. The postgreSQL jdbc
>>> driver version they're employing is postgresl-42.2.9.
>
>> How was the database installed and from where?
>
> Hello, Adrian. The database was installed using an enterprisedb
> installer, to its own dedicated set of directories.
>
>> Do you have more then one instance of Postgres running on the machine?
>
> We do not, no. It is the sole PostgreSQL database cluster running on
> that box.
>
>> What is the connection code being used?
>
> An excellent question. I will chase up with them, and find out. I
> believe they're using tomcat, but don't know the exact code involved.
>
> FWIW the connection is not local, the attempted connection is from a
> different server.

And you know that this is actually the server being reached?

Do you see the attempted connection in the logs?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: "Server versions prior to 8.0 do not support savepoints" when using JDBC ...
Сообщение: Re: "Server versions prior to 8.0 do not support savepoints" when using JDBC ...