Re: [INTERFACES] Access problems

От David C Hartwig Jr
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Access problems
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Michael Meskes wrote:

> I have installed onshore-timesheet on my machine. It works like a char. No I
> tried to access the database via M$ Access and found some problems. The ODBC
> connection is up and running. However, Access refuses to link in several
> tables.
>
> I attach the table definitions.
>
> It says the following attributes are not correct either in index or in
> relationship definition:
>
> table           attribute
> -------------------------------
> category        category_id
> hours           del
> job             downloaded
> notification    fkpersonnel_id
> personnel       personnel_id
>
> Only the client relation is okay.
>
> So far I wasn't able to see what's wrong with these. Maybe anyone on this
> list has an idea. Also ODBC logs don't show something special.

I am a bit rusty on the internals on the psqlODBC driver as it relates to MS
Access.  But as I seem to recall, Access cannot have a key column over 256
bytes.   Text columns are virtually unbounded.    This may explain some of your
tables linking problems.   If you can, try changing some of those primary key
fields to varchar(255) or smaller.

Ultimately what you  need to do is activate the logging feature in the driver
and attach a minimalist failure log file.