Re: [HACKERS] Cc: lamar.owen@wgcr.org

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Cc: lamar.owen@wgcr.org
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> Frans,
> I supposed you wrote about postgres with locale support ?
> If so, I'd recommend you to test LC_ALL env. variable.
> Redhat 6.1 by default set is as en_US, at least in my setup
> and I spend 30 minutes to figure out why I had the same problem
> you described ( in my case I tried koi8-r ).
> When I set LC_ALL=koi8-r everything work fine.

The /etc/sysconfig/i18n scriptlet is a three-liner:
LANGUAGE=en_US
LC_ALL=en_US
LINGUAS=en_US

This script apparently is set up during the installation of RedHat -- it
does not belong to any installed RPM.  I am going to find out what these
envvars should be set to for 'normal' operation (where the definition of
'normal' varies.  There is little to no documentation on this
RedHat-ism.

I have also noted that the LC_ALL variable alters the collation even
when PostgreSQL is built WITHOUT --enable-locale -- on RedHat 6.1 the
locale support seems to be embedded into the glibc installation.

Again, little to no documentation that I have yet found.  Oh well.  Time
to do some reading.

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio