Re: [HACKERS] Cc: lamar.owen@wgcr.org

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Cc: lamar.owen@wgcr.org
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Frans,

I supposed you wrote about postgres with locale support ?
If so, I'd recommend you to test LC_ALL env. variable.
Redhat 6.1 by default set is as en_US, at least in my setup
and I spend 30 minutes to figure out why I had the same problem
you described ( in my case I tried koi8-r ).
When I set LC_ALL=koi8-r everything work fine.
Regards,
    Oleg

On Sat, 18 Dec 1999, Frans Van Elsacker wrote:

> Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 18:34:41 +0100
> From: Frans Van Elsacker <fve@atbib.be>
> To: pgsql-hackers@postgreSQL.org
> Subject: [HACKERS] Cc: lamar.owen@wgcr.org
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> Perhaps I'm a little late in answering your helpfull mail but I've been
> very busy, therefore, I'll tell the story from today, saturday 17th of
> december.
>
> I first removed RedHat 6.1 and installed 6.0 again. Then I performed an
> update to RedHat 6.1 and happily for me everything worked fine!!
>
> Than I removed everything, installed RedHat 6.1 from scratch, and I did
> have the same wrong sort order, we knew.
> But as you suggested renaming the file /etc/sysconfig/i18n and restarting the
> system gave the exact sort order and everything looks fine now.
> Still one question: can I be sure this program we rename is of no use
> somewhere else
> in the system ? If so, just what does it ?!
>

> Second thing, many many thanks to everybody who helped me solving the problem!
> Thanks!!
>
> Frans

phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Сообщение: Re: pgindent (Re: [HACKERS] LONG varsize - how to go on)t
Сообщение: Re: pgindent (Re: [HACKERS] LONG varsize - how to go on)t