Re: [HACKERS] Parallel regress tests (was Re: FOREIGN KEY and shift/reduce)

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Parallel regress tests (was Re: FOREIGN KEY and shift/reduce)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > ... not sure how that can be done with a standard shell,  and
> > that's  a  must.   Maybe something using named pipes and so -
> > will play around a little.
> Would probably be more portable to write a little bit of C code that
> opens several libpq connections and reads a script file with
> interleaved commands to send to the different connections.

There are tools I'd consider using for this such as tcl/expect which
help with simulating interactive sessions and with coordinating
multiple actions. Forget the "sh only" approach if it makes things
difficult; some platforms ship with a much richer toolset, and these
tools might be well suited to your problem.

If it works and there is a big demand for the "sh tools" then someone
can recode it later, and it isn't holding you up now.

... my 2 cents...
                     - Thomas

South Pasadena, California