Re: [HACKERS] RAW I/O device

От Ing. Pavel PaJaSoft Janousek
Тема Re: [HACKERS] RAW I/O device
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> other systems besides linux.  Making the DB work w/ one FS (and write the
> storage code for it) seems pointless if we are still stuck on normal FSs
> on other machines.
Yes, of course, but storing databases directly to RAW device - not
through the filesystem - is one feature of modern DB engines...

Ing. Pavel Janousek (PaJaSoft)                   FoNet, spol. s r. o.
Vyvoj software, sprava siti, Unix, Web, Y2K    Anenska 11, 602 00  Brno
E-mail: mailto:Janousek@FoNet.Cz               Tel.: +420  5  4324 4749
SMS: mailto:P.Janousek@SMS.Paegas.Cz           Fax.: +420  5  4324 4751
WWW: http://WWW.FoNet.Cz/                    E-mail:
mailto:Info@FoNet.Cz

От: merlin@scl.cwru.edu
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] RAW I/O device
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] When is 7.0 going Beta?