Re: [INTERFACES] Speed of Postgres with Java

От Brad Pepers
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Speed of Postgres with Java
Дата
Re: [INTERFACES] Speed of Postgres with Java  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-interfaces
ALPESH KOTHARI wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using Postgres-6.5 as my database. I have to
> create and query db using Java (with JDBC). I am using
> P-III with 128 MB of RAM.
> Consider that following data structure is being stored
> in db.
> (int4,int4,varchar(50),int2,int4)
> To store such 1000 data it takes as large as 90
> seconds. I don't have any pre-experience using db.
> So, is this much time OK?
> I expect someone to comment who have used db with Java
> thoroughly.

You've turned off auto-commit right and just do one commit at
the end?  Otherwise its doing a lot of work for each record
added.  In general when you are doing bulk inserts, you want
to turn off some of the database features to gain speed.

Make sure auto-commit is off and then post the results.  I
bet they are *way* faster!

--
Brad Pepers
Linux Canada Inc.            Home of Linux products in Canada!