[INTERFACES] Speed of Postgres with Java

От ALPESH KOTHARI
Тема [INTERFACES] Speed of Postgres with Java
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Hello,

I am using Postgres-6.5 as my database. I have to
create and query db using Java (with JDBC). I am using
P-III with 128 MB of RAM.
Consider that following data structure is being stored
in db.
(int4,int4,varchar(50),int2,int4)
To store such 1000 data it takes as large as 90
seconds. I don't have any pre-experience using db.
So, is this much time OK?
I expect someone to comment who have used db with Java
thoroughly.

Thanking You,
With Reards,
Alpesh