Re: replace strtok()

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: replace strtok()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 24.06.24 02:34, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 22, 2024 at 11:48:21AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> writes:
>>
>>> Yeah, surely there are many possible implementations.  I'm thinking,
>>> since we already took other str*() functions from OpenBSD, it makes
>>> sense to do this here as well, so we have only one source to deal with.
>>
>> Why not use strpbrk?  That's equally thread-safe, it's been there
>> since C89, and it doesn't have the problem that you can't find out
>> which of the delimiter characters was found.
>
> Yeah, strpbrk() has been used in the tree as far as 2003 without any
> port/ implementation.

The existing uses of strpbrk() are really just checking whether some
characters exist in a string, more like an enhanced strchr().  I don't
see any uses for tokenizing a string like strtok() or strsep() would do.
  I think that would look quite cumbersome.  So I think a simpler and
more convenient abstraction like strsep() would still be worthwhile.

Сообщение: Re: Pgoutput not capturing the generated columns
Сообщение: Re: Pgoutput not capturing the generated columns