Re: [HACKERS] perl-DBD-Pg (was Re: BOUNCE pgsql-ports@postgreSQL.org: Non-member submission from[Joe Brenner ] (fwd))

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: [HACKERS] perl-DBD-Pg (was Re: BOUNCE pgsql-ports@postgreSQL.org: Non-member submission from[Joe Brenner ] (fwd))
Дата
Ответы Re: [HACKERS] perl-DBD-Pg (was Re: BOUNCE pgsql-ports@postgreSQL.org: Non-member submission from[Joe Brenner ] (fwd))  (Joe Brenner <doom@kzsu.stanford.edu>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Ian Macdonald wrote:
> > This RPM needs rebuilding for RedHat 6.1 anyway. The corresponding DBI
> > rpm will also need to be rebuilt for the same reason -- the perl module
> > structure changed dramatically from RH 5.x to 6.x.
>
> Rather than using the old contrib RPM, look in the PowerTools
> directory on a Red Hat mirror site and get hold of perl-DBD-Pg from
> there. You'll find it in the powertools/CPAN/CPAN_rev.2/i386
> directory. This version was built with libpq.so.2.
>
> The old contrib version was built and uploaded by me at a time when
> the version shipped with the Powertools 5.2 CD was either badly out of
> date or not even on the CD. Now it's no longer needed.
>
> Best wishes,

Thank you Ian for the clarification.  HOWEVER, this does not show up on
the rpmfind.net web toold under powertools -- yet is there under the
rufus.w3.org mirror (they're the same machine, of course). Of course,
this is not your problem, Ian.  Uploading the updated package to the
contrib area is not the ideal solution either, because then those that
haven't updated from 6.3.2 are going to gripe.  But then again, maybe
they need a little push to go to 6.5... :->.  Un-uploading the rpm on
contrib is of course not possible -- but uploading the updated one???

I have taken the liberty to replying to the bug report on Bugzilla on
this issue.

The RedHat libc6 contribs are in desparate need of reorganization, IMO.

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Tricky query, tricky response
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Tricky query, tricky response