Re: [HACKERS] perl-DBD-Pg (was Re: BOUNCE pgsql-ports@postgreSQL.org: Non-member submission from[Joe Brenner ] (fwd))

От Joe Brenner
Тема Re: [HACKERS] perl-DBD-Pg (was Re: BOUNCE pgsql-ports@postgreSQL.org: Non-member submission from[Joe Brenner ] (fwd))
Дата
Ответ на Re: [HACKERS] perl-DBD-Pg (was Re: BOUNCE pgsql-ports@postgreSQL.org: Non-member submission from[Joe Brenner ] (fwd))  (Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org> wrote:

> Ian Macdonald <ian@caliban.org> wrote:

> > directory on a Red Hat mirror site and get hold of perl-DBD-Pg from
> > there. You'll find it in the powertools/CPAN/CPAN_rev.2/i386
> > directory. This version was built with libpq.so.2.

> Thank you Ian for the clarification.  HOWEVER, this does not show up on
> the rpmfind.net web toold under powertools -- yet is there under the
> rufus.w3.org mirror (they're the same machine, of course).

Yes, from one point of view, I guess that's the root of the
problem I was having.  All the ways I could think of
searching for an RPM (rpmfind, google, etc.) turned up
nothing later that the 0.91-1 version.

I just went to ftp://ftp.labs.redhat.com/pub/redhat/powertools/CPAN/CPAN_rev.2/i386/

And grabbed this one:  perl-DBD-Pg-0.91-2.i386.rpm

And now my CGI scripts are functional again.

I would hope that at some point in the future, the DBI/DBD
components will be folded into the postgresql-perl RPM (say,
by the time that it finally makes it to version 1.0?).  The
use of the older Pg.pm is now strongly discouraged, and the
DBI interface is already much better documented (e.g. in
_The Perl Cookbook_ and _Advanced Perl Programming_).

In any case, thanks much for everyone's help.  Sorry for
taking this up on the "pgsql-hackers" list. I will now go
and spread the wisdom on redhat-talk, linux.postgres, and
comp.lang.perl.modules, where no one seems to have had a
clue about this.