How to tell what OS PostgreSQL is installed on.

От Louis Lam
Тема How to tell what OS PostgreSQL is installed on.
Дата
Re: How to tell what OS PostgreSQL is installed on.  (Julio Leyva <jcleyva@hotmail.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

I have a need to find out what OS PostgreSQL is running under.  I need to be
able to query the database or send a command and  figure it out.  I also do
not have super user permission to do this.  All I want to know is if the
PostgreSQL I am connected to is running from Windows or Non Windows.

I could do =93Show data_directory=94 and parse the result, but this require
superuser permission.

I tried select version() also.  Under Windows OS, I got this:

version

 PostgreSQL 8.3.6, compiled by Visual C++ build 1400

Does anyone know if Visual C++ is use to only compile PostgreSQL for
Windows?  Or can other compiler be use?  If Visual C++ is always use for
Windows and Windows only then this is very good information I can use.

I know on RedHat, I got this.

version

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------=

 PostgreSQL 8.3.7 on i686-redhat-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.4.6
20060404 (Red Hat 3.4.6-10)

And on Solaris I got this.

 PostgreSQL 8.1.11 on sparc-sun-solaris2.10, compiled by
/ws/on10-tools/SUNWspro/SOS8/bin/cc -Xa

(1 row)

Thank you all in advance for your help.

Louis Lam