deadlock in 6.4.2

От Bruce Lowery
Тема deadlock in 6.4.2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

   I've noticed some previous postings about deadlocks in 6.4.2.  At the
risk of being irritating, I'd like to ask if anyone has seen this
particular version of the problem:  postmaster deadlocks leaving
multiple ZOMBIE children with something like the following in the log
file:

NOTICE:  Deadlock detected -- See the lock(l) manual page for a possible
cause.
ERROR:  WaitOnLock: error on wakeup - Aborting this transaction
NOTICE:  Deadlock detected -- See the lock(l) manual page for a possible
cause.
ERROR:  WaitOnLock: error on wakeup - Aborting this transaction
ERROR:  postmaster: StreamConnection: accept: Too many open files in
system

The suggested (and acceptable) solution seems to be to move to 6.5.x,
but I'd hoped to get confirmation others had seen such - the 'too many
open files' seemed new.

Bruce Lowery
Edventions.com