Обсуждение: deadlock in 6.4.2

deadlock in 6.4.2

От
Bruce Lowery
Дата:
Hello,

   I've noticed some previous postings about deadlocks in 6.4.2.  At the
risk of being irritating, I'd like to ask if anyone has seen this
particular version of the problem:  postmaster deadlocks leaving
multiple ZOMBIE children with something like the following in the log
file:

NOTICE:  Deadlock detected -- See the lock(l) manual page for a possible
cause.
ERROR:  WaitOnLock: error on wakeup - Aborting this transaction
NOTICE:  Deadlock detected -- See the lock(l) manual page for a possible
cause.
ERROR:  WaitOnLock: error on wakeup - Aborting this transaction
ERROR:  postmaster: StreamConnection: accept: Too many open files in
system

The suggested (and acceptable) solution seems to be to move to 6.5.x,
but I'd hoped to get confirmation others had seen such - the 'too many
open files' seemed new.

Bruce Lowery
Edventions.com