Re:Trying to SELECT via web server using PHP

От Bill Sneed
Тема Re:Trying to SELECT via web server using PHP
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Greetings,
>
> I've got pgsql running fine from the command line, but I'm having =
> problems using PHP to do a select...suggestions?

> <?php
> $conn =3D pg_Connect("host=3Dlocalhost port=3D5432 dbname=3Dcustomers");
> $result =3D pg_exec($conn, 'select * from employees');
> echo $result;
> pg_exec ($database, "commit");
> pg_exec ($database, "end");
> ?>
>
> results in:
> Warning: PostgresSQL query failed: ERROR: employees: Permission denied. =
> in /home/httpd/html/connect2.php3 on line 6
>
> Warning: 0 is not a PostgresSQL link index in =
> /home/httpd/html/connect2.php3 on line 8
>
> Warning: 0 is not a PostgresSQL link index in =
> /home/httpd/html/connect2.php3 on line 9
>
> If I change the host, the thing really blows a gasket.

There may be a couple of things wrong here:

(1) You've granted "nobody" read rights to the table(s)? Don't forget
that user "nobody" is default user     of Apache -- and perhaps other
Web servers as well.

(2) My pg_connect statements are all of the form:
      pg_connect("localhost","5432","","","library");
    Some of the parameters can be omitted but I believe the quotes &
commas are needed.

(3) You are "echoing" your output into a table with a "while"?  If not
all you'll get --at best-- is one     entry.

Hope that helps .....

....Bill Sneed, Prospect, Maine....