Re: Clang function pointer type warnings in v14, v15

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Clang function pointer type warnings in v14, v15
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> REL_14_STABLE and REL_15_STABLE have commit de8feb1f3, which turned on
> -Wcast-function-type, but don't have commit 101c37cd, which disabled
> -Wcast-function-type-strict as we agreed to do[1].  I noticed this on
> my local system that has clang 18 as compiler, but you can see it on
> any build farm animal using clang 16+.

> So I propose to back-patch 101c37cd to those two branches.

+1.  I see that there are a boatload of related warnings in older
branches too; do we want to try to do anything about that?  (I doubt
code changes would be in-scope, but maybe adding a -Wno-foo switch
to the build flags would be appropriate.)