Re: [GENERAL] Postgres INSERTs much slower than MySQL?

От Vadim Mikheev
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Postgres INSERTs much slower than MySQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Lincoln Yeoh wrote:

> It's now a lot faster. Now only about 5 or so times slower. Cool.
>
> But it wasn't unexpected that I got the following after a while ;).
>
> NOTICE:  BufferAlloc: cannot write block 990 for joblist/central
>
> NOTICE:  BufferAlloc: cannot write block 991 for joblist/central
> DBD::Pg::st execute failed: NOTICE:  BufferAlloc: cannot write block 991
> for joblist/central
> Error executing insert!NOTICE:  BufferAlloc: cannot write block 991 for
> joblist/central
> Database handle destroyed without explicit disconnect.
>
> I don't mind that. I was actually waiting to see what would happen and
> my jaw would have dropped if MVCC could handle Multi Versions with
> 10,000,000 records!

It doesn't seem as MVCC problem. MVCC uses transaction ids,
not tuple ones, and so should work with any number of rows
modified by concurrent transaction... In theory... -:))

Vadim

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Postgres INSERTs much slower than MySQL?
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Postgres INSERTs much slower than MySQL?