Re: [GENERAL] Postgres INSERTs much slower than MySQL?

От Lincoln Yeoh
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Postgres INSERTs much slower than MySQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
At 04:12 PM 20-10-1999 +0800, Vadim Mikheev wrote:
>It doesn't seem as MVCC problem. MVCC uses transaction ids,
>not tuple ones, and so should work with any number of rows
>modified by concurrent transaction... In theory... -:))

OK. Dunno what I hit then. I wasn't modifying rows, I was inserting rows.

How many rows (blocks) can I insert before I have to do a commit?

Well anyway the Postgres inserts aren't so much slower if I only commit
once in a while. Only about 3 times slower for the first 100,000 records.
So the subject line is now inaccurate :). Not bad, I like it.

But to fix the resulting problem I had to manually rm the files related to
the table. I also dropped the database to make sure ;). That's not good.

Cheerio,

Link.

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Postgres INSERTs much slower than MySQL?
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Postgres INSERTs much slower than MySQL?