Postgres Installation Problem

От SI SOL
Тема Postgres Installation Problem
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello,

I have problem installing prostgresql. To be your information, I've never
change anything on the setting/configuration. I just follow the REDHAT Linux
6.0 standard installation (I get the postgresql from those REDHAT package).

The problem is, every time I start it, there is an error
message :

Starting postgresql server : USR/BIN/POSTMASTER does not find the database
system. Expected to find it in the PGDATA directory "var/lib/pgsql", but
unable to open filename with pathname
"var/lib/pgsql/base/template1/pg_class".

No data directory -- can't proceed.
Postmaster []

Is there any body can tell me what what should I do to solve those problem
?. I will appreciate any help that you offer.

SOL.

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com