Re: [edit] links in CommitFestSubSection headers

От Brendan Jurd
Тема Re: [edit] links in CommitFestSubSection headers
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 2:19 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> The subsections wouldn't be quite so easy to alter and move around as
>> they are now, but the edit links will work as expected.
>
> Hm, what does "not quite so easy" mean?

Currently, a subsection is just a template call, for example:

{{CommitFestSubSection|SE-PostgreSQL and related}}

That's pretty easy to read, and also quite easy to pick up and move
elsewhere, or rename if you so desire.

If we switch to using substitution, the contents of the subsection
template will actually be copied into the page itself, so the same
subsection will look like this instead:

|-
| colspan="4" |
=== SE-PostgreSQL and related ===

These three lines will have to be shifted around as a single unit, and
a slight error in the syntax could scramble the whole table.  So the
downsides are loss of readability and ease of editing, and increased
fragility.

Cheers,
BJ

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: [edit] links in CommitFestSubSection headers
Сообщение: Re: [edit] links in CommitFestSubSection headers