Re: [edit] links in CommitFestSubSection headers

От Brendan Jurd
Тема Re: [edit] links in CommitFestSubSection headers
Дата
Re: [edit] links in CommitFestSubSection headers  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Список pgsql-www
On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 7:28 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I see that each of the subsection headings has an [edit] link, but
> it doesn't do what you might expect --- it seems to result in editing
> the CommitFestSubSection template, which is not exactly useful.

Yeah, we used to have this problem with the top-level sections as well
("Pending patches" and co.).  For a while we just got rid of the edit
links by adding the __NOEDITSECTION__ behaviour switch to the page,
but Alvaro came up with a fix for the main headings.  So the edit
links were reinstated.

Unfortunately that also means that the edit links are back for the
subsections as well.  The __NOEDITSECTION__ trick can't be used to
suppress some edit links but not others; it turns them off for the
entire page.

> Can we make these links actually edit just the subsection?  If not,
> can we get rid of them?

We can make them work for the subsections, at some cost in
user-friendliness.  One option would be to use substitution for the
subsection templates (the same trick we use with CommitFestBlank).
The subsections wouldn't be quite so easy to alter and move around as
they are now, but the edit links will work as expected.

Is that an acceptable trade-off for you?  If so, I have no problems
with making the change.

Cheers,
BJ

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: