Re: gettime() - a timeofday() alternative

От Brendan Jurd
Тема Re: gettime() - a timeofday() alternative
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> We already have a TODO for this:
>
>         * Add transaction_timestamp(), statement_timestamp(), clock_timestamp()
>           functionality

I like the idea of having a function for statement start time.  I
think I'll incorporate it into my patch.

The suggested naming convention in the TODO is good as well.  I'd be
inclined to make those  *_timestamp() functions the core functions,
and then make things like now() and gettime() shorthand equivalents.