Re: Learning curves and such (was Re: pgFoundry)

От Brendan Jurd
Тема Re: Learning curves and such (was Re: pgFoundry)
Дата
Re: Learning curves and such (was Re: pgFoundry)  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 5/18/05, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> * Brendan Jurd (direvus@gmail.com) wrote:
> > In the interests of putting my money where my mouth is, I would be
> > willing to enlist in the housekeeping effort for this hypothetical new
> > system.
>
> If you're willing to create it, host it, update it and keep it current,
> and feel it'd be so worthwhile to people that you'd be willing to
> continue to maintain it...  Then go for it.  You don't need anyone's
> approval or even agreement about it.  *That* would be putting your money
> where your mouth is.

I'm detecting sarcasm here, but just in case you're being serious ...

For such a tool to serve its intended purpose, the postgres community
needs to be, to a certain extent, agreed on and aware of its use as
the primary dev management system.

There's no point creating, hosting, updating and maintaining anything
if the community isn't using it.

Сообщение: Re: Learning curves and such (was Re: pgFoundry)
Сообщение: Re: Learning curves and such (was Re: pgFoundry)