Re: PLEASE GOD HELP US!

От Rosser Schwarz
Тема Re: PLEASE GOD HELP US!
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
while you weren't looking, Shane | SkinnyCorp wrote:

> Hey, my name is Shane Witschen and I'm the Systems Administrator (mainly a
> developer) for a small web development company.  We recently switched over
> to PostgreSQL after going over some of the powerful features that it holds
> over MySQL.

What kind of query load are you experiencing?  (That is,
hits/views/queries per second/minute/whatever.)

What's your disk subsystem?

What indices do you have defined on which tables?  Run EXPLAIN ANALYZE
on your longer-running queries and check to see if your indices are
being used or not.

How often are you vacuuming?

/rls

--