Re: [HACKERS] Profiling?

От Leon
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Profiling?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Yes, I have done it many times.  I profile that postgres process, not
> the backend.

Hmm, isn't Postgres process called backend process? AFAIK postmaster
(it's simply a nickname to Postgres) forks itself on receiveing new
connection request. Isn't it true? I mean that Postmaster is the same
binary as Postgres itself.

> Look for this in Makefile.global:
>
>         # Comment out PROFILE to generate a profile version of the binaries
>         #PROFILE= -p -non_shared

Of course I used -p option. The problem is, when I start Postmaster,
it complains about 'profile timer expired'. What do I do wrong?

--
Leon.
-------