Re: [HACKERS] Re: HISTORY for 6.5.2

От Theo Kramer
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: HISTORY for 6.5.2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Lamar Owen wrote:

> Ryan Kirkpatrick wrote:
> >         Ok, I will do so this weekend, providing there are not too many
> > things broken. I will let you know on Monday what the status is. :)
>
> The current tarball is 6.5.2RC (for Release Candidate).  AFAIK, this
> will become the release of 6.5.2, unless there are problems.
>
> Thanks much!
>
> >         Good to hear, and you are welcome! Hopefully by 6.6 the patches
> > will not be needed and Linux/Alpha will finally be a fully supported pgsql
> > platform!
>
> Yes!  Now if I just HAD one.... ;-)

Dont know if it's been raised before, but the postgres utilities are installed
into /usr/bin from the rpm. Problem with this is the naming of some of the
utilities eg.createuser, destroyuser. These could be confused with the
'standard' user utilities such as useradd, userdel etc. How about pre-pending
a 'pg' to all postgres utilities so that these become pgcreateuser,
pgdestroyuser etc.?

--------
Regards
Theo