Re: [HACKERS] Patch for user-defined C-language functions

От Andreas Zeugswetter
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Patch for user-defined C-language functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Postgresql operator with the following syntax
>
> CREATE FUNCTION mytype3 ( mytype2 )
>        RETURNS mytype3
>        AS 'mytypes.so', 'mytype2_to_mytype3'
>        LANGUAGE 'C'
>
> The syntax for the AS clause, which was 'AS <link-file>' becomes
>
>     AS <link_file>[, <link_name>]

Sounds great !

But I think the intuitive Syntax in SQL would use ():

CREATE FUNCTION mytype3 ( mytype2 )      RETURNS mytype3      AS 'mytypes.so(mytype2_to_mytype3)'      LANGUAGE 'C'

Syntax:AS <link_file>[(symbol_name)]

This is also how Illustra and now Informix does it.
(Instead of AS they say EXTERNAL NAME)

Andreas