Re: [HACKERS] Patch for user-defined C-language functions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Patch for user-defined C-language functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andreas Zeugswetter <andreas.zeugswetter@telecom.at> writes:
> But I think the intuitive Syntax in SQL would use ():
> CREATE FUNCTION mytype3 ( mytype2 )
>        RETURNS mytype3
>        AS 'mytypes.so(mytype2_to_mytype3)'
>        LANGUAGE 'C'
> Syntax:
>     AS <link_file>[(symbol_name)]

I think Bernard had the better solution --- the above presumes that
filenames won't ever have parens in them.  (Which, admittedly, is a
bad idea under most Unix shells --- but that doesn't mean we should
perpetuate the problem.)  Also, I'd rather see us keep the platform-
dependent ".so" extension at the end of its string, where it's easy
to spot and fix when needed.