Re: [HACKERS] Re: Query about postgres medical database

От renato barrios
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: Query about postgres medical database
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dmitry Samersoff wrote: <blockquote type="CITE">On 10-Sep-99 Thomas Lockhart wrote: <br />>> I am physician and
Iam very interested by possibilities postgresql <br />>> could offer to medical information management, specially
inundeveloped <br />>> countries. <br />>> In the userguide you speake about a medical database and I would
fromthe days when Postgres was <br />> developing at Berkeley. I know that there are more recent projects <br />>
(oneof our contributors is an administrator at a hospital) and the <br />> best way to find out about current
themedical info area? <p>I was the maintainer/developer of postgresql based project for <br />City's Health department
ofSt. Petersburg (RUSSIA), <br />This project includes financial part (medical insurance reports) and <br />numerouse
statisticalreports <br />(sex/age/diagnozis corellation, loads of different clinics and so on) <p>This project starts
1995and it's succesfuly working now but without me ... <p>--- <br />Dmitry Samersoff, dms@wplus.net, ICQ:3161705 <br
>OlegBroytman <phd@emerald.netskate.ru> <br />>Hello! <p>>   I work for Russian National Research
SurgeryCentre (www.med.ru). I have <br />>a database of patient data on Novel server, and I am writing and debugging
anythingspecial about the data - for me it is just <br />>data that can be stored, searched and retrieved. <p>Hello!
importantdatabase sub-group with postgresql ad open code source. <br />I think data is specially interesting in this
area. Itis not only about decisions to use integers or floats in the results of tests. It could be the case to go and
workwith the definition of this types (Actually only simple mathematical relations like grams by liter for tests, and
soon ). I will not write nothing about other areas where storing objects would be of interest ( medical imagery or
treatement of biological signals... ) <p>But finishing with science fiction, a medical database could be proposed like
anexemple of code source for the postgresql_doc mantainers, like in the case of the V C++ GUI framework documentation
byBruce Wampler of the  <a
href="ftp://www.objectcentral.com/wvrefman.121.tar.gz">ftp://www.objectcentral.com/wvrefman.121.tar.gz.</a>and be of
greateutility for end users. <br />It would have a conceptualisation model ( I think like in the v case with
Coad-Yourdonnotation ) and all the code of the database. <br />If it would be possible to start with the database, it
wouldbe easier to add extensions adapted for users. <br />...and...and...<br /> I am not...not... a hacker but I have a
lot...lot...of information about the medical subject.<br /> Thanks, <br />Renato