Re: [HACKERS] vacuum analyze

От Christof Petig
Тема Re: [HACKERS] vacuum analyze
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> Let's see ... I know that removing pg_vlock while vacuum is running
> will lead to a coredump after vacuum finishes (it doesn't recover
> cleanly after its attempt to unlink pg_vlock fails).  I think I know
> how to fix that but it's not done yet.  The same problem could affect
> any error that is detected between vacuum's internal transactions.
> Do you get any error reports in the postmaster log when there is a
> crash?
>
> Beyond that, I don't recall having heard of any recent fixes that affect
> vacuum.
>
> If you can create a reproducible example then more people could poke
> at it, so that seems like the avenue to focus on.
>
>                         regards, tom lane

Perhaps the bug I reported on pgsql-bugs about a week ago has some relation
to this problem:
I had been able to reproducibly (?) crash postmaster with my example
program (a loop of
update table) combined with several vacuum commands in a seperate task.
As the sice of the table's index grows a failure almost gets certain.

If you think the program might help you, contact me or look into bugs'
archives.

Regards     Christof